Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cupkates Truck


After staring at a map for at least ten minutes, we finally found where "Off the Grid" was. It turned out to be directly in front of us at the base of the most prominent building in sight...city hall! Looking like we didn't know where we were going (we didn't) was so worth it after taking a bite into the delicately decorated goodness. Since 2009, Cupkates Bakery Truck has been named “Best Food Truck” by SF Weekly and East Bay Express. Since it's the only food truck that has served us cupcakes, we'd have to agree.

N: I ordered the salted caramel flavor. After licking the caramel off my fingers, I was able to enjoy the perfectly rich blend of chocolate, caramel, and the pinch of salt. The cake was moist and fresh. Even better, we bought it from a nice lady driving a cupcake TRUCK :)  Can't say I do that everyday.

A: I ordered the March special, lemon meringue pie. It tasted exactly like the real thing only it was better because it was in the form of a manageable cupcake. At the bottom was a graham cracker crust; probably my favorite part. The moist lemon cake was filled with tart lemon curd topped off with toasted meringue frosting and coconut shavings. Probably the best breakfast I've ever devoured.

We both give ours 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment